Sunny Day (Japanese: にほんばれ Clear Sky) is a non-damaging Fire-type move.
When this move is used, the sunlight will brighten the field. This effect will last for 5 turns. This clears any other type of weather and is usable even when it's already sunny.
While Sunny Day is in effect, the base power of Fire-type moves will be increased by 50%, and the base power of Water-type moves will be decreased by 50%. In addition to this, the moves Synthesis, Morning Sun, and Moonlightwill recover twice as much HP as under clear conditions, and SolarBeam will not require a turn to charge. The accuracy of Thunder is also lowered to 50%.
Synthesis, Morning Sun, and Moonlight will recover ⅔ of the user's HP in harsh sunlight.Additionally, Acufront (due to its Ability, Forecast) and Weather Ball become Fire-type.
If a Heat Rock is held when Sunny Day is used, the duration of sunlight lengthens from 5 to 8 turns. Additionally, the following Abilities will have the effects listed while the sun is shining:
- Pokémon with the Chlorophyll Ability will have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with the Dry Skin Ability will lose ⅛ of their maximum HP at the end of each turn
- Pokémon with the Flower Gift Ability will raise the team's Attack and Special Defense by 50%
- Pokémon with the Solar Power Ability will have their Special Attack raised by 50% and lose ⅛ of their HP each turn
- Pokémon with the Leaf Guard Ability will be immune to being inflicted with non-volatile status conditions
By leveling up
By prior evolution